View previous topic :: View next topic  
Altherod
Altherod
Guild Master
Board Learner

re: Easy Fajitas

Reposted from General OT, Thanks to Raparoz:

Quote:

I thought I would share one of our favorite recipies. This is a very simple one pot meal (that can be done in the crockpot as well) and is great for anyone who likes fajitas without all the work. Keep in mind that because it is done in one pot, it is not exactly what you would get from a resturant, but I have had several people say they like it better. Anyway, on that note here we go:

3 lbs. beef roast or stew meat
1 each: red, yellow, green bell peppers
1 lg. onion
1 medium jar of your favorite salsa
1 pkg. tortillas
shredded cheese
sour cream

Cut beef into bite size piesce and put in a large deep skillet. Cut peppers and onions into strips and add to skillet. Add the whole jar of salsa. (you can add a little bit of water to the jar and dump it into the skillet to get all the good stuff out if need be, but if you are doing this in the crockpot I dont recomend it.) Cover and cook until meat is done. When done, remove the lid and cook a little longer until thickened.

Scoop into warm tortillas and top with cheese and sour cream.

This dish is very easy to adjust to your personal tastes, or to add and subtract from. As I said eariler, this is one of our favs, so if anyone tries it, please let us know what you think.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: