View previous topic :: View next topic  
Altherod
Altherod
Guild Master
Board Learner

re: Kat's Fettucine Sauce

Reposted from OT, Thanks to Namasute and Kat!:

Quote:

OK, so, I've never watched Kat make her fettucine sauce before, so I finally got to when we were visiting my folks the day before yesterday... Here's about how it goes...

1/2 stick of butter
8 tbsp. Flour
2 cups water
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
1 cup milk
Salt to taste
Garlic powder to taste

Start by melting the butter in a sauce pot/pan/whatever :P. Slowly add flour to the butter, about a half tbsp at a time, mixing it so that there are no lumps. Once flour is mixed in, slowly add water a little at a time, while stirring, also to avoid lumps (we messed up on the previous attempt, and added it all at once... it never really mixed together, and looked more like a nasty gravy attempt >.<). When water is mixed in, let it get to a boil. When boiling, add heavy cream, stirring while adding. Then add the milk, salt, and galric powder, stir, and let simmer, stirring occasionally. Once it's as thick as you like it, you're ready to pour it over your fettucine noodles.

You can also add a light, dry, white wine to the sauce while simmering. Adds a delicious note or two, methinks. Anywho, enjoy!

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: